Before heading outdoors for your 5K training, check out this guide to help you get the most out of your workout:
1) If you’re out of shape or have any special conditions, check with your doctor before beginning any exercise or workout program.
2) Wear appropriate foot wear. Comfortable, supportive shoes will make all the difference.
3) Dress for the weather. Check the forecast so you’ll be prepared.
4) Protect your skin with sunscreen and a hat.
5) Don’t forget to put on insect repellant to keep the mosquitoes and ticks away.
6) Stay hydrated (water is best) and pack high energy, non-perishable snack items.
7) Make a plan and let friends/ family know where you’re going and what route you plan to take.
8) Don’t skip the stretches. They will help prevent injury and soreness.
9) Keep an eye on the time if you want to finish your outing before the sun goes down.
10) Listen to your body and don’t overdo it. You can always come back for more!